- She has to see the doctor right away.
a. ought to
d. be able to
- All soldiers stand by to receive a message.
a. standing in order
b. standing at ease
c. standing at attention
d. be prepared
- People must put out their camp fires.
a. put it out of tent
- He sensed very sick yesterday.
- They’ll leave there for good.
a. being rich
c. for a short time
d. for merchandise
- Allen called his wife up last night.
a. called her upstairs
b. telegraph her
- My father is used to smoking
a. be accustomed to
b. become accustomed to
c. be accustom to
d. become accustom to
- The plane will leave at 9.15 a.m.
- Can I rely on you on this matter?
a. depend on
b. reply on
- This TV. set needs to be fixed.
- If you divide 100 by 5, the result is
- The doctor looked the patient over carefully.
b. gave a shot
c. gave a medicine
d. gave a prescription
- Two plus two equals four. This process is called
- The plane landed the island.
- You’re in charge of the office.
a. have possession of
b. have responsibility for
c. have something done
d. have the money for
- The storm made much damage last night.
b. a lot of
- No, two dresses were alike.
a. two dresses were alike
b. two dresses were not alike
c. everyone’s dresses were alike
d. everyone’s dresses were different.
- He called a cab so he will travel _______ .
a. by bus
b. by taxi
c. by private car
d. on a taxi
- New York attracts many people every year.
a. many people visit there.
b. many people like there
c. some people spend a night there
d. everybody is pulled to New York
- a. He looked the patient over.
b. He over looked the patient.
c. The patient looked he over.
d. The patient looked over him.
81-C 82-D 83-B 84-A 85-B 86-C 87-A 88-B 89-A 90-C
91-C 92-A 93-D 94-B 95-B 96-C 97-D 98-B 99-A 100-A