- The man wouldn’t carry ______ the orders.
- A dime is __ ten cents.
- There is a ring around the moon.
- What color is your uniform?
- If I teach Algebra, what do I teach?
- Tom operates a service station.
- I wanted to change the design of the house.
- The explosion was instantaneous.
b. in a while
d. in that instant
- The action was instantaneous.
c. not long after
- A television set which is very compact is________ .
a. a very small set
b. a set that is closely put together
c. a low set
d. a tiny set
- Some people prefer a compact car.
a. a small car
b. a medium-sized car
c. a large car
d. a used car
- Bosses do not like the people who are idle.
d. not busy
- The factory is idle now.
a. in good condition
b. not completed
c. not ready for use
d. not in use
- This product has many applications.
- Tom was told to cut down on his smoking.
- I don’t have the solution to that trouble.
- He was told to attach a copy of orders.
d. take a copy
- The commander told him to carry out the instructions.
a. pick up
- Your car is comparable to mine.
a. is better than
b. is smaller than
c. is similar to
d. is older than
- The first two digits of the amount were unclear.
581-B 582-D 583-B 584-C 585-C 586-A 587-C 588-D 589-B 590-B
591-A 592-D 593-D 594-C 595-A 596-A 597-B 598-C 599-C 600-C